Who We Are
FC is a group of ordinary people loving and serving an extraordinary God. Started in January of 2018, through the Southern Baptist Convention, FC seeks to help people engage in meaningful and authentic worship, grow in their individual spiritual journeys, and live missionally by loving Jesus and serving the world beginning here in Rose Hill. We want people of all ages and backgrounds to come to know and experience the incredible truth that God loves you and has an incredible plan for your life.
No matter where you are in your spiritual journey we are here for you. If you are just starting to explore spiritual things, let us show you how to experience God through a personal relationship with Jesus. If you have been hurt or disillusioned by the church, first of all let us say we are sorry. Now accept our invitation to come heal and experience anew in a safe place your walk with God.
We have a causal atmosphere where everyone is welcome. If you are looking for a place to use your gifts and talents to serve the Kingdom we have a place for you. We currently meet at the Rose Hill Rec Center at 400 S. Rose Hill Road. Come join us as we grow in our faith, in our community with one another, and watch God do the extraordinary in and through ordinary people!
What We Believe
FC subscribes to the statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 2000 as the guide for interpretation of doctrine and practice. The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
- GOD – There is one and only one living and true God. He is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. Genesis 1:1,26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14
- JESUS CHRIST – Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again someday to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Matthew 1:22, 23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5, 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14, 15; I Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; I Timothy 6:14,15; Titus 2:13.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT – The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily. II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Eph. 5:18
- THE BIBLE – The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error. II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20, 21; II Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105, 160; Proverbs 30:5
- HUMANITY – People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1, 2
- SALVATION – Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
- ETERNAL SECURITY – Because God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ; the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot “lose” it. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security. John 10:29; II Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 10:10, 14; I Peter 1:3-5
- ETERNITY – People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in Heaven. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. John 3:16; John 2:25; John 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 1:8; Matthew 2:44, 46